Friday 13 July 2012

First Trip To The States

My lovely husband has been working quite a lot in the states and Calleigh and I finally got the chance to join him on one of his trips.
So yesterday morning we swooped Calleigh out of bed far too early and took her to Birmingham airport to catch our flight. We didn't have long to wait and Calleigh was even greeted by a Marilyn Monroe look a like at boarding (The one that was on Come Dine With Me), unfortunately we were quite late boarding so I didn't manage to get a photo.
We were so nervous about how Calleigh would be on the flight and we both found ourselves expecting the worst. So when we finally took off and Calleigh fell asleep the minute the plane left the ground we were quite surprised. Both flights went smoothly and we landed at St. Louis Lambert airport around 4:30pm local time.

The best thing about travelling with Paul through work is that accommodation is already paid for. Unfortunately the hotel was pretty booked up so we ended up with the presidential suite. I swear when i walked in i almost fainted. I have never stayed in such an amazing room.





I'm sure we are going to make the most out of our stay. Even if Paul has to work in the days, Calleigh and I will fill our days with all sorts of fun activities.

We are here for another 3 weeks so I will keep you all updated on Calleigh's first holiday.

But for now we are going to go and explore some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment